Saturday, July 7, 2007

I need to wrap up my vacation story, so I can move on to what's going on now!

Here's what else we did on our vacation in pictures:

Good bye Ireland! I'll miss you so much!


Hello Holyhead, Wales!


My dream house on the sea cliffs in Holyhead.


Caernarfon Castle


Beautiful Bath


And the Roman Baths of Bath


Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed!


A friendly robin at tea time.


Sheep among monolithic stones in Avebury. (I was just happy to walk around sheep, finally)


More stones


Stonehenge. Eh... small


Jane Austen's House! Oh goodness!


Arundel Castle. Mom used to work in Arundel and we visited her old flat.

I don't have the pictures of Briton for some odd reason, but we went there, too.


We got to London just in time for ANOTHER gay pride parade. What's going on?!


Eleanor on the Tube (I later found out that you're strictly not allowed to take pictures in the stations or on the trains - oops)


Our first fire alarm at about 3 in the morning. The next came at 5. Ugh.


The Rosetta Stone in the British Museum (sorry it's sideways, but I could figure out how to flip it on this computer)


The beginning of "Love's Labour's Lost" at Shakespeare's Globe Theater. Awesome show!


Moving in! My dorm room at the University College of London (it was actually right down the street from our hotel). The floor is slanted but not this much (I'll get this figured out soon enough!)


There is a big iron burn in the middle of my carpet.


The other side of my room.


Saying goodbye to Mom and Eleanor at their hotel room the day before they left.


Eleanor was very tired. It's been a long, exhausting trip. But it's also been such a blessing.

I'm so grateful for this trip with Mom and Eleanor. It's something we hadn't done in a long time and it was a really special thing that we could come here. Part of me still can't believe that we did it all. And now that I'm here, studying in London, it's so strange to know that Mom and Eleanor are actually an ocean away from me. Miss them desperately already (and I miss you, too!). To all who help us get here and who helped me my month in London, thank you so much. This experience has changed my life so much for the better. And I still have another four weeks to go!

No comments: